Supply Chain Manager (Remote)
Bitfury is a leading emerging technologies company. At Bitfury, you can build the solutions of the future, with the most significant technologies of the millennium, in a modern and flexible workplace. We work a bit faster, and a bit smarter, so we can make the world a bit better.
Benefits of Working at Bitfury:
International Experiences & Global Impacts
Bitfury is an international company with 200+ team members in more than 16 countries. No matter your assignment, your work will support global technology initiatives and best-in-class security operations in North America, Asia and Europe, as well as help us fulfil our mission to make the world more trusted and secure.
Building the Future
We believe big data, artificial intelligence, blockchain technology, tokenized economies and cryptocurrencies are the future of our digital, global economy. Bitfury is building this future through our products that offer digitised security, asset management, government services and more. We consider ourselves first and foremost a technology company. We are a diversified organisation, with operations across multiple facets of the AI, blockchain, and digital currency sectors. If you are passionate about emerging technologies, you can build your future at Bitfury.
Accelerate Your Career
Bitfury is growing fast and looking for the next generation of leaders and entrepreneurs to help us. At Bitfury, you will be expected to create the future – not just execute it. If you are a self-starter, driven and collaborative team member, you can create a dynamic future for yourself and your career at Bitfury.
Modern Workplace with Intelligent Flexibility
Bitfury lets you work in the way you need to work to make your work faster, smarter and better. We will give you the resources you need to succeed – competitive pay and benefits, educational support, intellectual challenges, professional advancement, personal accommodations including remote work, and more. We pride ourselves on being less bureaucratic and a lot more impactful.
Start-up Culture with Established Results
Working with the world’s leading experts and engineers, you will have the opportunity at Bitfury to pursue results that will power your success as well as lead to the adoption of game-changing technologies. Our teams work every day to make the impossible possible, to change the game, to be agile and effective, and most of all – to empower the rest of the world to do the same.
Personal and Professional Characteristics
We at Bitfury ensure our team members possess the ability to think out of the box and make the impossible possible. We are self-motivated and result-oriented, and we have an “owner of the company” mindset. We are constantly self-educating and developing. We are able to work in a team and collaborate. We have a “do good” mindset and are not afraid to dream big. And of course, we always deliver in time what we promised and with extreme attention to detail — because if we are not able to do the little things right, we will never be able to do big things right.
Internal Controls Statement
Bitfury commits to integrity and ethical values and recognises the importance of the ethical culture, which is the core foundation for setting an effective internal control environment. We ensure that all Bitfury members are aware of organisational ethics and internal control policies. By effective implementation and execution of internal controls, we are helping to safeguard and minimise the risk to its objectives, reduce risks and protect assets while also ensuring record accuracy, promoting operational efficiency, and encouraging adherence to policies, rules, regulations, and laws.
Manager Supply Chain, Logistics & Customs is responsible for managing all shipments of servers, IT-hardware, electricity equipment and spare parts. Our Data Centers live and die by a stable supply of goods, and Logistics is a key enabler to keeping them up and running.
You will maintain a portfolio of agents, forwarders and carriers to meet the right level of service and cost appropriate to the product category. You will provide our business with a rapid Transport & VAT, Import Duties budget per project or sales lead. This budget is not only monetary but will also reflect multimodal transport options and the associated lead & clearance time.
The SCM department is a scalable department depending on the amount of projects. In busy times you will manage 2 to 3 coordinators, while in quieter times you will be expected to get your hands dirty and actively drive the production incl. all administration yourself.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage transport between and from our manufacturing locations.
- Manage transport to our sites across the world.
- Maintain and expand our portfolio of agents, forwarders and carriers and ensure a stable base from which we can tender.
- Analyse Import Duties and VAT, or equivalent, of new markets we want to penetrate.
- Create ADHOC high-level multimodal transport budget incl. transit and clearance times.
- Tender and implement fixed price contracts where possible for projects.
- Establish frame-work agreements with agents and forwarders for pallet shipments.
- Analyse and predict possible bottlenecks and ensure these are reported and mitigated in a timely fashion.
- Center of excellence for local purchasers advise, review, and approve their logistics spend.
- Maintain an accurate administration of our shipments for Group Accounting purposes.
- 5-10 years experience in SCM management, of which at least 2 years being a manager.
- Experience working at Group Level.
- Bachelors or higher in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or equivalent level by professional education such as APICS and or CIPS..
- Proven track record of managing multi-million-dollar contracts and establishing proper due-diligence.
- Being able to build bridges over different geographies and cultures.
- Able to speak and write in English fluently, we expect you to be close to a native speaker. At least one of the following languages is preferred: Dutch/Chinese/Russian.
- Proven experience with SAP, Oracle and/or Netsuite is preferred.
- IT savvy with MS Office especially Excel and Access.
- Last but certainly not the least, you will work from home, so you need to be able to cope and manage with Zoom.
The Bitfury Group is the world’s leading full-service blockchain technology company. Bitfury is building solutions for the future, with the most significant technologies of the millennium. Our mission is to make the world more transparent and trusted by innovating at every level of technology – hardware, security, and software – to put trust back into the equation. Founded in 2011, Bitfury is the leading security and infrastructure provider for the Bitcoin Blockchain. In addition to securing the Bitcoin Blockchain, Bitfury also designs and produces innovative hardware that keeps cryptocurrencies and blockchains secure, including custom semiconductor chips and mobile datacenters. Bitfury is also a software provider for the some of the world’s most cutting-edge applications through its private blockchain framework, Exonum, its advanced analytics platform Crystal Blockchain, and its specialised engineering team for the open-source Lightning Network, LightningPeach. To learn more, visit www.bitfury.com.
Supply Account Manager
Nori is a carbon removal marketplace. As we scale up, we are looking for a Supply Account Manager who understands farmers and the agricultural industry, who can build relationships within the industry, and walk our suppliers through the enrollment process. Our current croplands methodology rewards farmers for storing soil carbon in the ground by practicing regenerative agriculture. From corporations to individuals, new commitments to remove CO2 are coming to us every month, and farmers are showing more interest than ever to farm carbon.
Summary of Nori
Nori is a startup founded in October 2017 with the mission to enable global engagement to reverse climate change via carbon removal. By providing a marketplace where anyone in the world can pay for and get paid for removing and storing atmospheric carbon dioxide, Nori acts as a financial mechanism that will create new opportunities for climate innovation and carbon removal.
We’re upgrading on the carbon offset space. Historically carbon offsets have been mired with opacity which then leads to a lack of confidence and trust in what projects are supported. Additionally, most carbon offsets (95%) represent paying someone to do less of a bad thing, i.e. mitigating emissions.
Nori is different in three key ways. First, Nori only supports carbon removal, or carbon sequestration, which is the only method that can actually reverse/negate carbon emissions. Second, Nori is the only platform with an end-to-end marketplace of credits. Because we work directly with project owners who "supply carbon removal," maintain the retirement of carbon removal credits, and track this all on the blockchain, Nori is providing a transparent and credible way to pay for carbon removal directly from suppliers with no price markups. Lastly, with Nori’s API, businesses can offer environmental action and engagement directly to their customers at check-out or in-app, and immediately provide information on the project they supported, with immediate creation of certificates with the customers name on it.
Who You’ll Work with
You’ll be working within the Supply team to enroll farmers into the Nori Marketplace. As an internal stakeholder and representative for our customers, you will also be responsible for advocating for your customers any suggested changes to the process that would improve their experience.
Five key components of the role include
- Farmer and agricultural channel partner account management You’ll be working directly with farmers, data managers, and agricultural companies enrolling projects into the Nori US Croplands program. This involves building relationships, training and guiding in both expectations and the process of enrollment, providing quality checks and troubleshooting the data provided. The process of enrollment comes with a lot of questions and this role is expected to serve our customers at each step to complete the enrollment process. You’ll be responsible for answering any questions farmers have on the process and requirements.
- Adaptability and problem solving Adaptability and resourcefulness are two important skills for this role. This is a marketplace for agricultural carbon removal projects, in a way that hasn’t been done before. The process for enrollment and the requirements of farmers can and will change over time. Your proactive problem solving and anticipation of needs will make you successful in this role by identifying and articulating when, where, and what issues exist. You will have the freedom to address these issues and suggest potential improvements for the supply team to adopt into the process and the product team to design into the platform.
- Progress management Defining and tracking customer and channel partner pipeline. We use customer management systems to track the progress of each project and you will be responsible for keeping your accounts up-to-date. You will support channel partners and customers with consistent check-ins and provide progress reports both internally and externally.
- Team collaboration You’ll work within the supply team as the lead responsible for enrolling projects into the platform. Team collaboration includes weekly stand-ups on account statuses to your immediate team as well as monthly status updates to the company as a whole. While you will have independent work and will be responsible for your own accounts, this role requires a lot of team work and being able to troubleshoot. You should be able to work within diverse teams and maintain a steady sense of clarity, calmness, and empathy.
- Sustainability and soil health interest Nori’s mission is to reverse climate change. In this role, you will help drive this mission through increasing the amount of carbon stored in soil due to sustainable farming practices. We need someone with knowledge and passion around these topics.
Characteristics of a successful Supply Account Manager
- Agricultural background. This position is centered around meeting farmers' needs as they enroll their land in Nori. Therefore, it is necessary for the person in this role to have experience with farming or in agricultural settings to build rapport, speak the language of farmers, and to most effectively communicate and gather data from our suppliers.
- Detail-oriented. There is a lot of data that farmers are providing to create projects, and you are responsible for making sure that Nori has all the information needed to create the project with as little burden on the farmer as possible.
- Communicative. It’s important to communicate often with your suppliers. We’re looking for people who are able to communicate by both listening and providing concisely and clearly delivered information.
- Strategic. An ability to develop and execute strategic plans based on customer backgrounds and our product demands.
- Proactive. If you can anticipate issues before they arise, suggest alternative and reasonably attainable pathways, you will be invaluable to the team.
- Enthusiastic and passionate. Genuine enthusiasm for the work we are doing both from the aspects of climate and regenerative agriculture will make someone in this role feel fulfilled.
- Calm and empathetic. We are a startup, after all! Things can occasionally get intense, and those who continue to work with a balanced approach, staying focused on the facts, giving time to uncover misunderstandings, and who act with empathy to both internal and external stakeholders will see great success in this environment.
- Self starter and executer. You love taking on new challenges and finding ways to get things done.
How success will be measured
- Weekly progress of accounts through the customer pipeline
- Monthly enrollment of projects reported on a count of projects, acres, and Nori Carbon Removal Tonnes (NRTs)
- Number of completed projects in the pipeline and the time to complete enrollment
- Total time to enroll a project
- Customer satisfaction metrics
- 3+ years in an agricultural setting (on farm, education, profession)
- Experience with Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel
- Experience with GIS and field boundary formatting
- Experience in account management or customer relations
- Experience in sustainability topics (soil health, climate change, regenerative agricultural)
- Strong communication skills
What’s in it for you
- Four weeks paid time off will accrue during your first year, this increases to five weeks after your first year. Plus holidays.
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits covered for you and dependents.
- Unlimited sick time.
- Stock options.
- NORI tokens, proportional to the stock options.
Additional requirements for this position
This position will be located in Seattle, WA in our Ballard office. This role will require some travel, but it is expected that most work will happen in the office. We are an office-centric culture with flexibility around remote work and daily schedules, but with the expectation that you will be in the office a minimum of three days a week when not traveling.
The expected salary range for this role is between $76,500 to $88,200 depending on experience. We use detailed benchmarking tools to establish salary and equity offers, and everyone at the company is paid in the 60th percentile for their experience and role. For this reason, we’re transparent about what we can pay you, and we don’t negotiate on compensation.
How to apply to join our team as Supply Account Manager
Please fill out the form below. Once submitted, you can expect to hear back from our team in the coming weeks.
Please note that this opportunity does not provide visa sponsorship.
Thank you in advance for your time!
We highly recommend you review the information about Nori and its team before applying to this position at https://nori.com/careers.