Strategic Analyst to the CEO
Fortunafi is a crypto-native finance provider. We offer higher-yield investment products through the acquisition, pooling, and securitization of real world assets on-chain. We are one of the first sponsors to be approved for executing real world asset securitization on-chain. Stablecoins have emerged as an essential building block - providing lending and payments - for the DeFi ecosystem. Today, stablecoins are backed by zero-yield fiat (USDC) or volatile cryptocurrencies (DAI). Fortunafi’s mission is to issue high-quality, real world assets on chain. Fortunafi bridges the gap between real-world asset issuers that seek liquidity, and DeFi investors that seek high-quality, attractive yields.
Fortunafi is looking for a Strategic Analyst dedicated to supporting our Co-founder and CEO. In this role, you will be the right-hand person to our CEO. You will have an impact on the efficiency and productivity of the company, streamlining business initiatives, driving program management and communicating cross-functional objectives.
You will be working alongside and collaborating with the rest of the Fortunafi team to coordinate and spearhead operational and strategic initiatives, guiding effective change management, and developing communications that align company narratives.
Additionally, the CEO manages an investment fund (Space Whale Capital) that requires similar support to the CEO and collaboration with the team.
This is a tremendous opportunity to develop into a future leader, equipped with the learnings and experience to have an enormous impact after this role.
- Maintain the operational rhythm of the business, particularly, as we scale, through iterating on and driving internal operations.
- Spearhead special projects that are of particular importance to the CEO.
- Take notes on everything, organize incoming requests / tasks, handle what you can, delegate what you can, tell the CEO what he needs to do and make sure it gets done.
- Facilitate effective decision-making throughout the organization.
- Serve as an advisor and trusted confidant for the CEO, building trust with the team of senior leaders across the organization to be able to lead through influence.
- Develop and manage communications on behalf of the CEO
- Capture, process, and contextualize extremely high volumes of information, arriving across multiple channels.
- Track and prioritize projects and tasks across every business area and partner.
- Interpret complex task interdependencies, reprioritizing rapidly in dynamic situations.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure shared understanding and expectations.
- Proactively manage the CEO’s extremely busy calendar with an awareness as to purpose, timeliness, participation and business rationale for meetings and events; minimize juggling of last minute requests/demands and shuffling of meetings.
- Follow-up consistently to ensure necessary information is available according to schedule.
- Accompany CEO on business trips for internal and external meetings.
- Complete assorted tasks and projects, as necessary.
- 3+ years of experience, typically in business operations at a startup or management consulting.
- Finance experience is highly preferred (investment banking, private equity, investing, finance).
- Strong execution skills and experience managing multiple work streams with attention to detail.
- Highly analytical and metrics-focused -- you can execute on complex analyses, define KPIs, size opportunity areas, and measure and report on performance across the business
- You can think across multiple dimensions of a business (sales, product, marketing etc.) and work cross-functionally to deliver results
- Able to flex between analytical, strategic and operational aspects of the job.
- Resourceful and happy to roll up your sleeves to get any job done.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with focus on crisp, concise and effective communication.
- General understanding of the market and competitive landscape.
- This role requires working in Eastern Time
Benefits & Perks
- Generous paid time off
- Health and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation (above market)
Fortunafi is a crypto-native finance provider. We offer fintechs, financial institutions, and non-bank asset originators access to both more efficient capital and yield from decentralized finance markets by bridging real world assets with on-chain liquidity. We are one of the first sponsors to be approved for executing real world asset securitization on-chain. Stablecoins have emerged as an essential building block - providing lending and payments - for the DeFi ecosystem. Today, stablecoins are backed by zero-yield fiat (USDC) or volatile cryptocurrencies (DAI). Fortunafi’s mission is to issue high-quality, real world assets on chain. Fortunafi bridges the gap between real-world asset issuers that seek liquidity, and DeFi protocols that seek high-quality, attractive yields.
Strategic Financial Analyst
The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in. The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
The Finance Team at Chainalysis splits their time between fine-tuning the details and evaluating at a 30,000 foot view of our business. Our job is to help the company plan for growth by optimizing the allocation of our resources.
The Strategic Financial Analyst is the driver of all financial and analytical aspects behind key business decisions, go-to-market strategies, resource allocation, specific customer contracts and partnership decisions at Chainalysis. We measure success by how well you enable executives and team leaders to make better business decisions and then evaluate, plan, execute and measure the resulting strategic business initiatives.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you’ve…
- Led the updates and maintenance of Chainalysis' forecast model
- Conducted ad-hoc analyses and built financial models to inform teams on operating strategies, investment recommendations, and new business opportunities
- Helped drive the annual budgeting process; prepare monthly and quarterly board and executive reporting
- Driven the analysis of the financial impact of new products, product packages, marketing offers and distribution channels
- Served as a key member in capital raises, including owning data room upkeep
A background like this helps:
- Investment banking and/or private equity strongly preferred
- Substantial experience with financial modeling and proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills
- Superior analytical, critical thinking and quantitative skills
- Ability to forge strong relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization
- Flexibility and ability to learn on the fly; a drive for results and high sense of urgency; the ability to multi-task and prioritize; a rigorous attention to detail; and a highly collaborative and team-oriented work style
- A demonstrated interest in Cryptocurrencies/Blockchain Technology is a strong plus
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEAAs an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APACWith circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.