Staff Analytics Engineer
Designing, modeling, and implementing corporate data warehousing activities. Applying deep technical and business understanding around Ripple's most critical reporting needs. Programming and configuring warehouses of database information, and providing support to data warehouse users. Designing and building Ripple's centralized reporting data modeling layer, and following engineering best practices and methodologies to ensure that data transformations and computations are accurate, efficient, and well-documented. Developing data warehouse structures and process models, including data sourcing, loading, transformation, and extraction. Verifying the structure, accuracy, and quality of warehouse data, and providing and coordinating troubleshooting support for data warehouses. Owning data reporting processes to support financial operations, and implementing metadata processes and frameworks. Performing system analysis and data analysis using a variety of computer languages and procedures. Evaluating the organization’s needs around master data. Providing technical and thought leadership around data governance policies and procedures.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field plus seven (7) years of experience in designing, modeling, and implementing corporate data warehousing, data mart, or business intelligence engineering activities. Employer will also accept two (2) years of additional experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
Of the required experience, must have each of the following (which may be gained concurrently):
- Five (5) years of experience in applying SQL to build data warehouses or data marts
- Four (4) years of experience in designing and building centralized reporting data modeling layer
- Two (2) years of experience in each of the following:
- Building data visualizations with BI dashboard tools (including Tableau, Looker, and Periscope);
- Building standard KPI reports and metrics; and,
- Utilizing DBT or similar analytics workflow tools
- One (1) year of experience in data governance (including defining procedures and establishing change management policies)
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns - please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Discover why hundreds of financial institutions choose Ripple to provide a better international payments experience for their customers in real-time.