Senior Software Engineer - Node.js
- You will be responsible for leading the engineering of our server-side systems and databases, supported by a team of 3-5 talented young developers.
- This is a unique opportunity to take on a high-responsibility position at a growing VC-backed startup.
- Our current focus is:
- Improving the engineering of our core marketplace systems, including transaction ledgers, order books
- Integrations with blockchains such as Ethereum
- We're building the leading worldwide mobile-native token marketplace. We launched in early 2022, are currently ~20 people (75% in technology), and are backed by leading VCs.
- Learn More: https://getstic.ky
- Proficient software engineering skills using Node.js and database design - subject to online technical test & technical interview
- Ownership mindset: proactivity, accountability, entrepreneurialism, results-focus, commitment, responsiveness to feedback, ambition to excel - important to fit into our early-stage startup culture.
- Strong academic credentials & professional experience. For example: degree in engineering or computer science from a top university + periods of at least 2 years, with relevant achievements, at each employer.
- Generous salary and stock options.
- Opportunity to build a global product & company
- Entrepreneurial & high-performance culture.
- Flexibility of remote work, with the friendliness of a virtual office (we work together 'live' on Discord)
Launched in Dec '21, Sticky is quickly growing to become the #1 mobile-first NFT / digital asset marketplace, for creators and collectors! We cater to everyone, from Newbies to experienced and astute! In users' words, creating, trading and collecting NFTs on Sticky is 'amazingly easy' and 'fun'. No crypto wallet needed! Purchases are made with safe & easy in-app-purchases & featured NFTs are verified for authenticity.
Senior Software Engineer, Go
Senior Software Engineer - Lotus
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Senior Software Engineer, Compliance and Risk Engineering
Senior Staff Software Engineer, RippleNet Payments
Senior Software Engineer PHP
Senior Software Engineer, Go
Who we are
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and steadily approaching 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe's most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
About the team
Bitpanda Technology Solutions is an investing infrastructure that is built by technology enthusiasts for everyone. We believe that the future of investing is digital, and we're working hard to make it a reality. Bitpanda's cloud based infrastructure allows partners to create their own customer experiences by leveraging our end-to-end automated trading infrastructure, compliant with the highest security standards.
In this solution we have cross-functional E2E teams, backend oriented, based in Bucharest and Vienna, aiming to develop our whitelabel solution. Bitpanda has a microservices infrastructure with an event driven architecture. These microservices are mainly in PHP and GO, communicating often with Kafka or SQS.
As a Golang Developer at Bitpanda Technology Solutions, you will be part of the Platform team. As a team member, you will collaborate on supporting other product teams and be responsible for our internal APIs and services. With a strong sense of ownership, you will ensure the timely and efficient delivery of high-quality code, enhance performance and design whilst also developing innovative, compelling and cutting-edge systems that support our operations.
What you’ll do:
Design and develop scalable, resilient, message-driven services using Golang as a programming language
Write clean and correct code with high test coverage and extensive testing
Collaborate with other technical minds to build reliable products, research concepts and influence new ideas for designing, building and testing
Build a secure and scalable environment
Contribute to the development of a great microservices architecture
Who you are:
- Strong knowledge and experience in software development using Golang
- Experience working with both relational and non-relational databases
- In-depth knowledge of REST APIs, GraphQL and gRPC
- Practical expertise in using message-oriented middleware (Kafka)
- Familiarity with AWS services, including EKS, DynamoDB and Secret Manager
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid annual leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral New Parent Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 50/50 home/office for office hub locations
- 60 days Work From Anywhere* following the 80/20 Rule
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- Bitpanda merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
*These benefits do not apply for our internships and exceptions to our Hybrid Working policy apply to teams with shift schedules or for folks whose roles require them to be in office (think: Workplaces team or IT).
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.