Senior Developer (Java)
Jump Crypto is committed to building and standing up critical infrastructure needed to catalyze the growth of the crypto ecosystem. We're builders, partners, and traders who take a long-term view of crypto's prospects and operate to unlock the full potential of open, community-driven networks. Since our inception as a skunkworks intern project in late 2015, we've grown into a dynamic and seasoned team of high performing players across a range of functions. Today, we play an important role in the development of some of the largest and most innovative crypto communities. Jump Crypto is the crypto division of Jump Trading Group, a research driven quantitative trading firm that's one of the largest traders by volume across traditional asset classes.
Senior Java e-Trading Engineer - Bitpanda Pro
Who we are
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and steadily approaching 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe's most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
Bitpanda Pro is our sophisticated retail and institutional offering for trading and custody of cryptocurrencies, which includes our exchange and prime brokerage services. We work in a changing environment that requires us to pivot with both the business and market to ensure our platform and products are fully supported to make us a leader in our field. Together we are building something exciting, with our drive to become the no 1 professional exchange in Europe.
As a Senior Java e-Trading Engineer you will engage in all stages of the software engineering process from the inception phase, delivery to the end-customer through to continuous support of Bitpanda Pro. This role places demand on timely and efficient delivery of high quality code, enhancements to the existing performance, architectural design and development of creative, compelling, and cutting-edge systems. The engineer must act with a strong sense of product affiliation and a sense of change ownership.
What you’ll do
- Design and develop scalable, resilient, message-driven services using the Java programming language.
- Write clean and correct code with high test coverage and extensive end-to-end testing.
- Keep debug-outputs tidy, write comments during development and ensure technical documentation.
- Contribute to conversational development, disseminate information to the rest of the team and guide and mentor other team members, and review code written by team members
- Optimise systems to ensure reliability, performance, scalability, and maintainability.
Who you are
- Electronic trading development experience in Exchange/Broker/OEMS systems
- Knowledge of Websockets and ideally can show experience in building applications using websockets
- Good understanding of Crypto markets
- Excellent knowledge of Java 11+
- Exposure to high-frequency trading platform and deep knowledge of supporting messaging systems (e.g. Aeron or similar)
- Strong knowledge of relational databases
- Good knowledge of no-SQL databases, such as DynamoDB or MongoDB
Nice to have
- Good knowledge of Gherkin syntax
- Knowledge of institutional protocols such as FIX
- Experience in distributed computing using in-memory clusters
- Java 8+
- Aeron (Hydra platform)
- Vert.x and RxJava frameworks
- Kafka (Clients, Connect and Streams)
- AWS: RDS, DynamoDB, ECS, EC2
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid annual leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral New Parent Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 60 days Work From Anywhere* following the 80/20 Rule
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- Bitpanda merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
*These benefits do not apply for our internships and exceptions to our Hybrid Working policy apply to teams with shift schedules or for folks whose roles require them to be in office (think: Workplaces team or IT).
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.