Who we are
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and steadily approaching 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe's most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As our Senior Accountant, you will be part of an expert team that manages the day-to-day accounting activities for our HQ and all our subsidiaries. In this role, you will also deliver unique ideas on process improvements and automatization while working in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, yearly and consolidated financial statements
- Independent bookkeeping for all kinds of accounting tasks
- Manage the timely processing of relevant accounting transactions (e.g. accounts receivable, cash management, bank postings, fixed assets accounting, inter-company transactions, etc.)
- Assist with budgeting and preparation of ad-hoc reports for management
- Contribute to projects that improve the quality of the accounting data and financial processes
Who you are
- 4+ years of experience in accounting. An Austrian certification (“Bilanzbuchhalter”) or a higher-education degree majoring in accounting are an advantage
- Expertise in IFRS. Austrian GAAP is considered a plus.
- Experience in leading projects with the ability to work out new and complex business cases with the understanding of how to reflect these in bookkeeping
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (Oracle Netsuite preferred)
- Excellent English skills; fluency in German is an advantage
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid annual leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral New Parent Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 60 days Work From Anywhere* following the 80/20 Rule
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- Bitpanda merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
*These benefits do not apply for our internships and exceptions to our Hybrid Working policy apply to teams with shift schedules or for folks whose roles require them to be in office (think: Workplaces team or IT).
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
At Bitpanda, we see investing differently. Today’s financial system is complex, exclusive and expensive - making it hard for the typical person to start investing. So, we’re building a platform without digital walls and complex barriers. A platform that empowers you to see new possibilities for your money - and helps make them a reality.
- A variety of routine duties in the Accounting Department which includes, but is not limited to daily and monthly reconciliation, analysis and certification of various General Ledger accounts and research of outstanding items and adjustments.
- Responsible for reconciling balance issues and account settlements.
- Responsible for the input of journal entries and maintaining accounting records
- General daily and monthly accounting functions, including preparing and posting journal entries, account reconciliations, cost allocations, assisting with financial statement audits.
- Perform various general ledger functions.
- Participate in system implementations.
- Assist with ensuring tax, regulatory, legal, and compliance requirements are met timely and accurately, and in compliance with legal and state regulations
- Completion of special projects and other functions as necessary.
- 2-4+ years of experience working in an accounting role with a financial services firm, public accounting firm (Big-4 or other large national firm), or multi-entity experience in a rapid growth, high transaction volume company
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP mandatory; IFRS knowledge a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably within Accounting or Finance
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem solving skills
- CPA license or working toward CPA Accreditation
- Clear and effective communication skills are critical.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities simultaneously
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Experience working across time zones and cross cultural teams
- Bonus points if you have previously worked at a crypto exchange!
- Passionate about blockchain technology and the crypto space
- Business proficiency in Mandarin is a plus
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible PTO policy, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!