QA Engineer/ SDET
What we’re looking for
What’s in it for you?
Founded in 2014, Ledger is the global leader of security solutions and infrastructure for cryptocurrencies and blockchain applications, with more than 4 million users in 165 countries. Ledger combines hardware and software expertise to commit to secure billions of dollars worth of almost 2,000 different crypto assets - worldwide, 15% of these assets are managed through the Ledger ecosystem.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – SDET - Trading
Genesis Trading is seeking a talented SDET with experience in low-latency trading platforms, preferably in the digital currency or foreign exchange markets. The SDET will report directly to the VP of Quality Assurance and focus on developing automated testing frameworks for the firm’s trading platforms. This is NOT a point and click automation role. You must be comfortable coding and have proven experience building automation frameworks in a trading environment.
- Developing automated test framework for frontend and backend application layers.
- Maintaining standardized, automated regression tests
- Documenting and building functional test cases
- Organizing and recording detailed test results
- Logging detailed and accurate defect reports and track defects to resolution
- B.S. degree in computer science or related area (M.S. degree preferred), or related experience.
- 3+ years development experience in digital currencies, FX, or other capital markets environment.
- 5+ years development experience working as SDET/Automation Engineer in QA field.
- Expert in automated testing frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of developing detailed test plans in an organized manner.
- Solid understanding of Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Strong understanding of software development, functional, security and integration testing techniques.
- Experience with testing high-volume message-based systems in a latency sensitive environment.
- Applicants are required to code in core Java. (Python is a plus).
- Proven experience in web service API testing of REST API.
- Knowledge of FIX messaging protocol is excellent to see, and standard tools for testing FIX.
- Knowledge of database design and experience with SQL/NoSQL databases such as Postgres, etc.
- Experience with Amazon AWS is a big plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help and works great in a team
- Strives to simultaneously achieve high-velocity and high-quality output
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressured environment
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Competitive benefits package
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Please review our Privacy Polices for CCPA and GDPR here
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.