Engineering Manager (US)
Talos: Institutional Fabric for Digital Asset Markets
Founded in 2018, Talos provides institutional-grade trading technology for global digital asset market participants, powering many of the major players in the digital asset ecosystem.
We are a tight-knit but decentralized team of highly-experienced engineers and businesspeople. We are a remote-friendly work environment, plus physical hubs in New York, Singapore, London, and Sweden.
We’re Hiring: Engineering Manager (US)
Talos operates at the intersection of crypto and capital markets. We build high-performance reactive systems and deliver solutions quickly to keep pace with the changing digital assets space. As an Engineering Manager at Talos, you’ll lead teams to develop Talos’s backend and frontend trading and settlement platform. Our platform is built from scratch to handle the unique challenges of the digital assets market. Responsibilities include line/people management, career building, training, staff growth and development, hiring, coaching, designing and building order routing algorithms, connecting to liquidity providers, building position management and risk systems and performance tuning.
We look for engineers/managers that can take responsibility for ownership of the full development lifecycle, all the way from product, design, and implementation, to testing, deployment and monitoring. Our team is made up of frontend, backend, and data engineers that know building great systems takes time, and we spend time on non-functional requirements like safety, security, testing/quality assurance, and performance. We value strong communication skills and the ability to get things done in a collaborative environment. Experience building trading systems for traditional markets is preferred.
Join us in this unique opportunity to build the company and infrastructure that powers this emerging asset class.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drive technical projects and be responsible for the planning and delivery of the project
- Manage development teams, including coaching, career and performance management
- Measure and improve the software development lifecycle to improve the overall productivity of the development organization, including evolving reporting, tooling, team structure
- Work with product, business, and technical leads to help Talos build the best trading platform
- Be part of the Engineering governance team and proactively improve engineering across all of Talos and be accountable for delivering direct business impact
- Build the team by leading on recruiting, growing and retaining a top tier talent
- Experience managing high caliber development teams, including performance management, feedback, coaching, etc.
- A track record of delivering complex technical projects, preferably in finance or trading
- Strong project management and organizational skills required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong technical and coding background with experience of being an individual contributor
- Location: Either NYC or LON based, limited remote work
In New York City, the annual base compensation range is $200,000-275,000. This position is eligible for discretionary bonus.
Founded in 2018, Talos provides institutional-grade trading technology for the global digital asset market, powering many of the major players in the crypto ecosystem.
We are a tight-knit but decentralized team of highly-experienced engineers and businesspeople. We are a remote-friendly work environment, plus physical hubs in New York, Sweden, and Singapore.
Engineering Manager, Blockchain
21.co is the world’s leader in providing access to crypto through simple and easy to use products. 21.co is the parent company of 21Shares and Amun, and its mission is to build bridges into the crypto world.21Shares is the world’s largest issuer of cryptocurrency exchange traded products (ETPs) and is powered by Onyx, a proprietary technology platform used to issue and operate cryptocurrency ETPs for 21Shares and third parties. 21Shares mission is to make crypto easy.
Amun is a blockchain infrastructure company focused on making purchasing crypto more accessible by offering a suite of tools for passive strategies across major DeFi platforms. Amun’s mission is to simplify your crypto journey.
The company was founded in 2018 by Hany Rashwan and Ophelia Snyder and is a global organization, with offices in Zurich and New York. Cathie Wood, Chief Executive Officer & Chief Investment Officer of ARK Invest is a board member.
About the Role:
We are looking for a talented, hands-on and experienced Engineering Manager, Blockchain to manage and grow a team of engineers for one of our various DeFi blockchain products. The project will be cutting edge and unique to the crypto industry. There will be massive opportunities to learn new technologies and skillsets, as well as the chance to develop, test, and maintain code for our mission-critical products.
Our culture is all about diversity, communication, collaboration and education. This manager will act as the face of this culture, working to streamline across geographies and teams.
This role will consist of a mix of hands-on, architecture, resource management and strategy responsibilities.
Responsibilities and Scope:
- Manage and oversee our Blockchain engineering team and platform, architecture and systems
- Create and maintain high quality software documentation and other written assets to document and explain the system design and functionality
- Help analyze and improve our existing Tokens platform either through iteration or a replatform
- Disciplined in good architectural and engineering practices
- Grow, manage, guide and mentor a team of cross-functional engineers across multiple disciplines
- 5+ years of engineering experience, specifically in blockchain/crypto
- 3+ years of managerial experience, leading teams of 3-5 engineers
- Experience leading an agile scrum team
- Demonstrated experience with engineering coaching, mentorship and conflict resolution
- Ability to work hands on in an agile environment and modern tech stack, as needed
- Experience developing APIs, backend microservices and database design
- Experience with front end technologies and frameworks
- Experience developing and expanding responsive and rich interactive web applications
- Experience designing, scaling and maintaining production content media sites
- Passionate about building high-quality well-tested code, at scale
- Has professional experience building blockchain technology and willing to learn and keep at the forefront of cryptocurrency continually
- Must be passionate about working with a growing team in an office environment