Engineering Lead, Currency Team
At Eco, our mission is to put people’s money back to work for them — letting them see more upside from their money than they do today. Our vision challenges what people expect from money itself.
We’ve created the Eco App, a digital wallet that replaces traditional banking services with a single, simple balance, offering users better earnings, better rewards, and more features that put their financial lives on autopilot. Even better, we reward every transaction with Eco Points, the world's first open rewards currency, which will fundamentally upgrade traditional money and reimagine how currency flows through the world.
Although it may not seem like it on the surface, Eco is a crypto-enabled company. Eco was a major contributor to the launch of the Eco Currency (the end game for Eco Points) and now focuses on supporting its community and building future products and upgrades for the protocol. We continue to build one of the most selective teams in crypto, chasing one of its most ambitious visions.
Eco is on a mission to make your money work better for you. If you’re motivated by working on complex and important challenges that matter to everyone and want to be part of a world-class team, we want to hear from you!
As the Engineering Lead for Eco’s Currency team, you will:
- Contribute to making the Eco Currency system and team one of the most influential codebases and teams in crypto/DeFi
- Manage a team of developers (smart contract and full-stack) and develop their talent; be the lead person for future hires on the team
- Manage the team’s work planning process; balance internal team project planning with open community contributor work
- Advise and influence system architecture and design decisions; contribute to R&D for future system upgrades
We’re looking for you if:
- Your belief in the power of crypto is unwavering
- You have undeniable technical skill, curiosity and intellectual horsepower
- You prefer to work in a team, and care deeply about team performance and developing other engineers
- You have 3+ years of team lead or engineering management experience
- You have deep awareness and knowledge of Ethereum/rollup development frameworks and patterns
- Discipline, integrity and work ethic are three of your core values
- Strong open-source contribution history/profile
- Ethereum/Solidity development experience, having implemented smart contracts/protocols and deployed them into production (or led teams that did)
The target US base salary range for this full-time position is $180,000 - $250,000, plus tokens, equity, and best-in-class benefits. Within this range, individual pay is determined by a number of non-discriminatory factors such as relevant skills and experience. At Eco, we take a geographically neutral approach to compensation, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location.
Benefits of working at Eco:
- Fully remote organization that allows you to work anywhere in the US or Canada.
- Annual company retreats and regular co-working opportunities in different cities throughout the US.
- 100% employer-sponsored medical, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and your dependents.
- Unlimited vacation and flexible work culture.
- 401(k) plan with company match.
- Work-from-home stipend, monthly wellness allowance, and annual learning & development allowance.
- Fully offset carbon footprint provided through our partnership with Klima Infinity (Eco as a company is carbon neutral!).
Please note that we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, background, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status or disability. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please feel free to let us know.
Senior Distributed Systems Engineer, Team Lead
Axelar delivers secure cross-chain communication for Web3. Our infrastructure enables dApp users to interact with any asset or application, on any chain, with one click. Axelar is a blockchain that connects blockchains, enabling universal Web3 interoperability. The network is secured using proof-of-stake consensus, and messages are routed and translated using permissionless protocols. Axelar is like Stripe for Web3.
Axelar has raised capital from top-tier investors, including Binance, Coinbase Ventures, Dragonfly Capital, and Polychain Capital. Partners include major proof-of-stake blockchains, such as Avalanche, Cosmos, Ethereum, Polkadot and Terra. Axelar’s co-founders are founding team members of Algorand and award-winning graduates of MIT, where they received notable recognition as part of their graduate studies.
Since the start of the year, the Axelar Network processed >$1.5B in cross-chain volume, connected 27 chains, and hundreds of developers are building around the stack.
As a Distributed Systems Backend Engineer you'll work on scaling critical infrastructure components to power the chain-agnostic future of Web3.
What you will be doing
- Designing and building backend services to power cross-chain transaction execution [indexers, relayers, transaction monitoring and recovery services, etc]
- Building and working with a team to deliver quality execution services and API integrations for developers
- Identifying performance and reliability bottlenecks, creating a plan, and executing it
- Designing self-healing microservices in a cloud-agnostic and open-source context to support both internal and community services for Axelar Network.
- Constructing SDKs for the delivery layer of Axelar’s interoperability stack to support external developers building cross chain apps
What you will need
- Strong experience working with distributed systems at scale
- Ability to identify and recruit talent
- Deep knowledge of fault tolerance in distributed systems and building software that fails gracefully and recovers transparently
- Experience working with distributed messaging frameworks (RabbitMQ, AMQP, or similar) and message driven applications.
- You have a strong sense of ownership, with the ability to lead and share knowledge to reach solutions as well as the keenness to learn
- You’re open to collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, flourishing in a distributed environment
- You enjoy being hands on, being a self starter that thrives well in ambiguity
- A problem solver at heart that can envision successful outcomes
- You have a creative flair, always seizing an opportunity to to do things differently
- Understand how to use blockchains / DeFi as a user
- Autonomous, distributed environment with the opportunity to work collaboratively in a diverse team across the world
- The scope to contribute to high impact work and really make a difference in a decentralized protocol
- Chance to really challenge yourself whilst learning heaps of stuff in the process
- Unlimited time off throughout the year to rest and recharge
- Competitive compensation with stock options, experiencing growth from the initial phase