Director of Production
You will have the opportunity to:
We would love you to have:
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
Zero gas fees, instant trades and scalability for games, applications, marketplaces, without compromise.
Event Production Accountant
We are seeking an experienced Event Production Accountant to join our Finance and Operations team. This position will be responsible for accounting functions including event invoicing, recording bank transactions, reconciling event expenses, journal entries and monthly account reconciliations. Additionally, this candidate will maintain a detailed budget/forecast of expenses and manage risks and opportunities accordingly. The ideal candidate will be reliable and a self-starter with strong attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness as well as an excellent communicator. This will be a contract for immediate hire through July 2023.
- Support Controller and Events General Manager in large scale live event accounting initiatives including staffing, venue transactions, partner charges and chargebacks, revenue, profit and well as any administrative tasks, etc
- Develop detailed Budget model that ties to high level estimates
- Create and process event invoices according to client agreements, record accounts receivables, follow up on payments and book journal entries in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare and execute event settlements, reconciling expenses to estimates, ticket sales and taxes, in accordance with GAAP
- Process accounts payables, reconcile against budget and manage risks and opportunities
- Perform month-end close for events, including review GL activity, research variances, reclass miscoded items, post accruals and cost allocations
- Reconcile deferred revenue and AR balance sheet reconciliations and post clearing entries monthly
- Prepare cadence of reporting for interested stakeholders to maintain visibility of cash flow for event execution
- Contract Compliance and Documentation: Provides guidance on internal contract policy to Account Teams, Event Management and/or Sales regarding requirements.
- Work with event stakeholders to implement, manage and continue adoption of new event management platform including data integrity, accuracy and completeness
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5-7 years of related experience
- Considerable general accounting experience and knowledge, with an understanding of accounting software systems, Sage Intacct a plus
- Familiarity with event systems ticket management, reconciliation and reporting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Financial analysis experience a plus
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel and Google sheet skills
- Great teammate with strong communication and social skills
In an effort to attract, retain, develop and promote the most qualified individuals, CoinDesk is committed to treating all applicants and employees in a nondiscriminatory manner with respect to the terms and conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status/service, physical or mental disability, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This mandate governs all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, promotion, training, education, social and recreation programs, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits.
For more information on our DEI initiatives, please visit: https://www.coindesk.com/dei/.
CoinDesk is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the NYC office. However, CoinDesk will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis.
Please note that only a member of CoinDesk’s Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you directly from an @coindesk.com or @coindesk-indices.com email in regards to any and all opportunities at CoinDesk. Disregard emails from any other addresses or persons. If you’re selected to move onto the next phase of our hiring process, a member of our te to guide you through our interview process. We look forward to connecting!