Design Systems Designer
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and dozens of other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan, but we believe in you working wherever you work best.
The Design team at OKCoin is a group of multidisciplinary creatives. We believe in blending the best of visual and experience design to create delightful products for our customers. Product Design is a strategic, user-centric, and data-informed function within the Design team. We value craft and intuitive interaction to solve complex design problems—balancing user needs and business objectives.
Own the execution and evolution of the Design System here at Okcoin by designing, refining, and documenting intuitive and robust components
Partner with cross-functional peers within Product and Engineering to define initiatives and create a world-class and global Design System
Design micro interactions, transitions and animation for product touchpoints
- Design icons, components and asset libraries, including documentation
Evangelize systems thinking and drive for consistent, high-quality craft by collaborating with designers throughout the organization
Think in terms of systems, not just one-off solutions, that scale across our entire ecosystem
Collaborate closely with Design, Brand, and Product leadership to shape the overall vision and product strategy to develop visual design principles for how the brand is expressed in our products
Consistently elevate the quality of the design by soliciting feedback from peers and stakeholders through formal Design Review, presentations, and by facilitating design thinking workshops
Remain current on industry and design trends as it relates to branded product experiences
Work closely with Engineering to build robust, stateful components in Figma for React
Ship work that reflects well on your team and your company’s brand
Bachelor's degree in Design, HCI, or equivalent practical experience
3-5 years of relevant industry experience in a Product Design, Interaction Design, or UX Design role
Strong communication skills and experience collaborating with cross-functional teams of Designers, Product Manager, Engineers, UX Writers, and Researchers
Familiarity of designing for multiple platforms including native and responsive design
Systems thinking and experience building robust Design Systems and components in Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, or Framer
Strong knowledge of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and Google’s Material Design
Experience using qualitative or quantitative data to inform and measure the impact of the work
Ability to mentor other designers on IxD, Design System, and patterns
Experience designing for Fintech, Investment platforms, or Crypto products
Experience working with teams across offices and timezones
Understanding of React framework for Front End development
Fluent in Mandarin
Market competitive total compensation package
Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
401K with company contribution
Paid Parental Leave
Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
Company Donation Match
More surprises when you join!
The salary range for this position is $141,000 to $212,000.
The salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and market location. In addition to the [salary] / [hourly wage], a performance bonus and long-term incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Okcoin and OKX internal or external careers site.
people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 20 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We're building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone. Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, and Korea, and we believe in you working wherever you work best.
Senior Distributed Systems Engineer, Team Lead
Axelar delivers secure cross-chain communication for Web3. Our infrastructure enables dApp users to interact with any asset or application, on any chain, with one click. Axelar is a blockchain that connects blockchains, enabling universal Web3 interoperability. The network is secured using proof-of-stake consensus, and messages are routed and translated using permissionless protocols. Axelar is like Stripe for Web3.
Axelar has raised capital from top-tier investors, including Binance, Coinbase Ventures, Dragonfly Capital, and Polychain Capital. Partners include major proof-of-stake blockchains, such as Avalanche, Cosmos, Ethereum, Polkadot and Terra. Axelar’s co-founders are founding team members of Algorand and award-winning graduates of MIT, where they received notable recognition as part of their graduate studies.
Since the start of the year, the Axelar Network processed >$1.5B in cross-chain volume, connected 27 chains, and hundreds of developers are building around the stack.
As a Distributed Systems Backend Engineer you'll work on scaling critical infrastructure components to power the chain-agnostic future of Web3.
What you will be doing
- Designing and building backend services to power cross-chain transaction execution [indexers, relayers, transaction monitoring and recovery services, etc]
- Building and working with a team to deliver quality execution services and API integrations for developers
- Identifying performance and reliability bottlenecks, creating a plan, and executing it
- Designing self-healing microservices in a cloud-agnostic and open-source context to support both internal and community services for Axelar Network.
- Constructing SDKs for the delivery layer of Axelar’s interoperability stack to support external developers building cross chain apps
What you will need
- Strong experience working with distributed systems at scale
- Ability to identify and recruit talent
- Deep knowledge of fault tolerance in distributed systems and building software that fails gracefully and recovers transparently
- Experience working with distributed messaging frameworks (RabbitMQ, AMQP, or similar) and message driven applications.
- You have a strong sense of ownership, with the ability to lead and share knowledge to reach solutions as well as the keenness to learn
- You’re open to collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, flourishing in a distributed environment
- You enjoy being hands on, being a self starter that thrives well in ambiguity
- A problem solver at heart that can envision successful outcomes
- You have a creative flair, always seizing an opportunity to to do things differently
- Understand how to use blockchains / DeFi as a user
- Autonomous, distributed environment with the opportunity to work collaboratively in a diverse team across the world
- The scope to contribute to high impact work and really make a difference in a decentralized protocol
- Chance to really challenge yourself whilst learning heaps of stuff in the process
- Unlimited time off throughout the year to rest and recharge
- Competitive compensation with stock options, experiencing growth from the initial phase