Accounts Payable Accountant
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Finance & Accounting
The Financial Operations and Accounting Teams at Gemini are thought leaders in the digital asset accounting and reconciliation space. Our mandate is to bridge the traditional world of finance with the innovation of cryptocurrency products, providing our clients with a best-in-class financial institution experience.
The Role: Accounts Payable Accountant
Our team is looking for a motivated accounting professional to support our rapidly growing business.
This individual will perform accounting and clerical duties related to the maintenance of our Accounts Payable department. The ideal candidate will improve the accounting close for Accounts Payable across a number of Gemini’s businesses.
- Assemble, review and verify invoices
- Investigate any unusual or questionable invoice items or prices
- Match invoices to PO’s
- Validate and enter invoices into ERP system
- Track expenses and process expense reports within T&E platform
- Post transactions to ledgers and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Prepare analysis of accounts
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Maintain vendor files
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Assist with month end closing and ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 4+ years experience, working in Accounts Payable
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software (Sage, NetSuite, Ramp)
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage deadlines and responsibilities effectively; ability to multitask and work successfully under pressure
- High attention to detail
- Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
- Great analytical and organizational skills
It Pays to Work Here
The compensation & benefits package for this role includes:
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: In compliance with the New York City Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range for this role is between $75,000 - $104,000 in New York City. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Gemini is a regulated cryptocurrency exchange, wallet, and custodian that makes it simple and secure to buy bitcoin, ether, and other cryptocurrencies.
Accounts Payable Manager
This role is the first hire in Accounts Payables here at Alchemy. This role will you will help us to improve our procure-to-pay (P2P) process through accurate, timely, and automated workflows for both our internal and external stakeholders.
What You'll Do:
- Drive and optimize a modern P2P solution (purchase requisition, payments, and reconciliations) through systems, processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain applicable policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. In conjunction with the IT organization, maintain plans and strategy for maintenance, continuity, and functionality of the company’s accounts payable system(s).
- Be responsible for all P2P processes including requisitioning, vendor/contractor payments, expense reimbursements, ACH/Wire payment processing and account reconciliation.
- Conduct all related periodic, month-end and year-end closings and the preparation of AP accruals and consolidated reports. Prepare and maintain work papers and documentation.
- Ensure company departments and business partners have a clear understanding of accounts payable services, policies, finance policies and company approval levels.
- Develop supplier/vendor relationships to quickly resolve payment issues, create and execute a payment strategy, and ensure vendor/supplier alignment with the direction of the company.
- Apply industry best practices to ensure a successful alignment between ERP, processes, policies and cross functional alignment.
- Ensure internal controls are established and operating effectively.
- Establish metrics and reporting cadence to drive efficiencies
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of progressive Accounts Payable experience at a fast-paced startup
- BS / BA in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics or a similar major
- Possess excellent communication skills and comfort interfacing with senior management.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills to manage relationships throughout the company.
- Service-oriented attitude characterized by strong listening skills and the desire to achieve shared success
- Extensive knowledge about accounting, management principles and Accounts Payable procedures.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects from conception to completion in a fast-paced, team environment
- Experience in system implementations and driving automation.
- Professional APS and or APM certification and/or affiliations are a plus.
- Excellent presentation skills including advanced PowerPoint and/or google Slides skills.
- Familiarity with Quickbooks online, Vendr, Zip, Brex Empower, Google Docs, MS Word, Excel, and other common applications used for procurement processing.